Pardon me as I continue to recover from the new year as well as announce a Healthy & Happy 2021 just
once more. Just kidding, I will probably say it a few more times …
Admittedly, every year I fully cocoon myself in “a new year, a fresh start” to the point where it is eye-rolling even to myself. However, it is one of those habits that I truly do not see myself breaking. Plus, who knows, maybe this will be the year that all of those positive changes to take place! We can only wait and see.
- Wear heavy winter jackets. I will be the first to admit that I am always cold. In fact, just imagine me as a chihuahua in human form. Give me all the warmth-inducing jackets.
- Light a few extra candles. There’s something so cozy and warming about the glow of lit candles, isn’t there? Plus, they smell incredible! Add a cup of tea and a book and you’re downright practicing what the Danish call hygge.
- Pop the champagne an extra one or two more days. Why should the fun stop once New Years is over? Perhaps imbibe in the bubbly over the weekend if you are concerned about work the next day.
- Soak it up in the tub. Add some epsom salts and essential oils and call it a night. Spend at least twenty minutes relaxing for the full benefit. I read some where that the first twenty minutes draws out your toxins and an additional twenty minutes then infuses all the magnesium and minerals back into through the pores in your skin.
- Allow yourself to indulge. I know, I know — New Year’s resolutions and all of that. Toss caution to the wind a little bit and let yourself enjoy a sweet treat.
- Schedule an adjustment and a massage. With the winter months, it can be difficult getting outside. IN fact it’s forecasted to be in the teens in just a few days! Being cooped up can make your joints and muscles stiff. Let a chiropractor and a masseuse straighten you out.
- Host a movie night. Complete with popcorn, drinks, and candy. Bonus if you make it a themed movie night or a slumber party with your closest friends.
- Set up a new planner. Begin thinking of how you’d like to spend your year. No need to go into specifics, but a rough outline can really help!
How do you plan on embracing January?